It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
Saamis Prairie View Cemetery, formerly known as Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens was established in 1954. In 1965, Chapel Lawn was abandoned by the previous owners and an administrator was appointed by the Alberta Government. In 1972, the cemetery became the sole liability of the Province of Alberta to maintain.
In 1990, Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens became the responsibility of Consumer and Corporate Affairs. In April 1996, CGRM Holdings Ltd. acquired the cemetery. Subsequently, the name was changed to Saamis Prairie View Cemetery. An underground watering system and street lights were installed, a crematorium and chapel were built, roads have been paved and upright monuments are now permitted. The sale of plots was re-established, and most importantly, a perpetual care fund has been established to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the cemetery in perpetuity. Sections have been created for Roman Catholic, Veterans and cremation, including several columbaria. Also, a scattering garden for cremated remains has been completed.
Presently, over 1100 burials have taken place and over 10,000 plots remain available for burial. Saamis Prairie View Cemetery is located at 5160 Gershaw Drive SW, and displays an idyllic park-like setting to travellers entering and leaving Medicine Hat from the west.